When it comes to deep house cleaning, the oven is usually the most dreaded place to clean in peoples homes. Not only this but it can sometimes end up being the most neglected because of how much work it takes to tackle it. So what if we gave you a natural solution on how to clean your oven.
You Will Need:
- Spray bottle
- Plastic spatula
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
How To Clean Your Oven:
For Deep Cleans:
- Remove everything from inside your oven. This includes racks, thermometers, everything loose!
- Mix together a paste of 1/2 cup of baking soda and 3 tablespoons of water
- Spread the paste over every inch of your oven EXCEPT for the heating element and then let that sit overnight
- Wipe the baking soda out with a damp cloth, using your spatula for any hard to reach places
- Spray vinegar throughout the oven and let it react with any leftover baking soda
- Once the baking soda has finished foaming, wipe the oven clean with the cloth and then wash your racks in the sink and replace
In Between Cleans:
- Remove everything from inside your oven
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the oven paying attention to areas that have lots of grease or dried food. DO NOT SPRINKLE OVER THE HEATING ELEMENT
- Spray vinegar over the top of the baking soda and let them react together
- Once it has all stopped foaming, use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Clean your racks and replace inside the oven
- Use a damp cloth to wipe your oven out after every use. This will delay the need between deep cleans
- Use plastic gloves to stop baking soda getting under your nails
- Book with The Naturally Clean Co and let us take care of it for you
Well there you have it, a chemical free and 100% natural way to clean your oven. No high heat cleaning and no smoke alarms required! Now you can put your oven anxiety aside and get it sparkling clean!
Check out our blog for more tips and tricks for a naturally cleaner home.